Fact: There will never be another president like the honorable President Barack Obama. Last night—for the last time—President Obama delivered his final State of the Union speech discussing the current condition of the country. In a hopeful and inspirational hymn of wisdom, our beloved leader expressed his desire for change and his continual support after his presidency ends. With no plans of hanging up is leadership cloak, Obama shared his future plans to continue the upward growth of the nation and the continuance of some very specific initiatives.
The topics of discussion included immigration reform, secondary education clauses, health care, military, the state of the economy and more. In a very eloquent and precise speech, Obama reiterated all of the progress that America has made since his election in 2008.
It’s no secret that Obama’s election was one of the most surprising yet thrilling moments to happen in both Black history and American history. Although he came into the White House as the savior for minorities, Obama is leaving a hero for more than one particular group of people. His courageous motives and undeniable faith in change, equal opportunity, and the betterment of our nation has made him a great president, but his reasoning and willingness to do the write thing without compromising his self-dignity and the integrity of America has been impressive to watch these past eight years. Because of President Obama, this country has made advancements in education, immigration reform, economic debt and pay wages—and we are continuing to grow.
“We live in a time of extraordinary change — change that’s reshaping the way we live, the way we work, our planet and our place in the world. It’s change that promises amazing medical breakthroughs, but also economic disruptions that strain working families. It promises education for girls in the most remote villages, but also connects terrorists plotting an ocean away. It’s change that can broaden opportunity, or widen inequality. And whether we like it or not, the pace of this change will only accelerate.”
Without shamelessly boasting about all the progress that he has contributed to, Obama used this final speech to talk more about the future of America and his hope in continuing the initiatives that have created a better place. In order to honor the concluding of our president’s final months in the White House, here are 16 reasons why we are going to miss President Barack Obama in his leadership role.
1. His belief and strong desire for change
2. His emphasis on education and the fight for quality and affordable secondary schooling.
4. His a-1 speeches
5. The First Lady with her effortless grace and beauty.
6. His charisma and charm.
7. His great sense of humor and hi way of always lightening up a dull moment.
8. His commitment to equality and diversity.
9. His passion for bringing back the troops.
10. His effortless swag.
11. His involvement in the community.
12. His openness to being interactive with everyday people and families.
13. His modesty and humanness.
14. His empathy in issues larger than himself such as discrimination and gun violence.
15. His concern for the middle and lower classes.
16. His belief in the future of our nation.