Yesterday, Taraji P Henson won her first Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Drama for her role on the hit television series Empire. Much like her fictional alter ego Cookie Lyon, we all know that Taraji P Henson has no filter at all, and any chance she gets to be her animated self—she will never turn down. Not only did the gorgeous bombshell slay with an all-white ensemble and her signature bob, she made an everlasting impression on all of the guests in attendance by handing out a special treat to her famous friends as she approached the stage.
2015 was certainly the year of Taraji. And now, it seems as though the Baby Boy veteran might be taking 2016 with her as well. The Empire actress has not only landed countless magazine cover shoots, but she also recently won an Emmy less than four months ago.
Taraji P Henson made it clear that she was well-deserving of the award, but in her cleverly sarcastic, yet charming way; she wowed the audience with a hilarious and genuine speech, which was definitely our favorite one of the night. Check out 6 reasons why Taraji’s speech was everything and more.
1. Taraji gave people in the audience homemade cookies as she walked to the stage.
2. She made sure that she had her time to shine telling the Golden Globe wrap up squad, “I waited 20 years for this. You gonna wait!”
3. Taraji P Henson is always effortlessly charming. She said a few jokes without trying to hard and she drew the audience in with her laughter and wit.
4. She was able to thank everyone that she needed to…literally everyone.
5. This is a direct quote from her amazing speech, “Who knew that playing an ex-convict would take me all around the globe? … So the world loves real. Thank you.”
6. Taraji P Henson made sure to remain classy and eloquent without compromising her true self.