Have you ever bought lashes to only throw them away when you were done? I know that I have. I always thought that the glue ruined then and you had to just get another pair. Well, now I learned that you can reuse your falsies and with a few simples steps, you can get at least 5-10 extra lash wears and save money.
Celebrity Makeup Artist Patrick Ta was ready to help us get the best out of our lashes. He always recommends applying mascara before falsies to keep the look as natural as possible and to eliminate product buildup on the falsies if you want to reuse them.
Ta is a fan of KISS Lash Couture Faux Mink Lashes in Little Black Dress (5.99/Walmart)
Choose your glue wisely
- For glue, try KISS Lash Couture Strip Lash Adhesive ($5.99/Walgreens) infused with Biotin and Blueberry Extract to deliver long-lasting hold that will not irritate eyes and packed with antioxidants for a natural skin moisturizer.
- Soak a Q-tip in oil-free makeup remover and run it along your lash line. Carefully remove from the outer corners moving inward.
- Remove any excess adhesive from the falsies using the makeup remover soaked Q-tip and use a tweezer to remove any additional glue from the lash band
- Don’t put your lashes away immediately. Place them on a towel or paper to air dry for 15 minutes
- Then place lashes back on the lash tray to hold the shape of the lash band