Eco-frienly entreprenuer and Former music industry veteran Phnewfula Fredericksen (pronounced NEW-FAH-LAH) is the ownor of HAPPY MANGO (www.shophappymango.com), a popular retail store that sells “green” products for newborns and up.
Money savings! Breastfeeding is considered eco-friendly because there is no waste. No formula cans to chuck, less bottles being used, less water used to wash bottles and if exclusively fed on the breast there is no chance of harmful chemicals leaching into your babies milk from your boobs. It also saves about $1200 a year!
- Using green cleaning solutions is best for the whole familyincluding your beautiful new bundle. Babies lungs and skin are very sensitive and inhaling toxins from traditional cleaners may cause your baby to have a higher risk for respiratory issues and skin reactions. Not to mention babies put EVERYTHING in their mouth. I’m certain windex doesn’t taste good!
- Eco-friendly skin products are those that are nontoxic. Babies absorb 70% percent of anything put on their skin. Deciding what to put on their skin is crucial.
- Eco-diapering has evolved since the days of cloth diapers and pins. With biodegradable, Hybrid, and updated cloth diapers choosing this earth friendly option is more convenient than ever. Traditional diapers take about 200-500 years to decompose. They are also single use which cost more money! You can save about $500 a year by switching to cloth diapers.
- Eco friendly feeding products are those free of BPA, PVC, and other harmful chemicalsthat can leak into your child’s food especially when heated. Being green in the lane is also not using plastic dishware or bottles that will end up in a landfill. Glass, Stainless steel, and recycled plastic are best.
- Going green is not as expensive as most people think. There are many eco products that are just as comparable in price as the traditional products. Most eco products can be repurposed into something else after their intended use thus saving you money in the long run
- Going green means shopping local. This helps fund the community you live in, as well as creating local jobs. Buying made in the US products saves on Jet fuel and air pollution to get the products the united states.
- Eco friendly toys are those that don’t require batteriesand aren’t made of plastic. Having toys that require thinking and manual manipulation gives your baby’s brain!
- Traditional crib mattresses contain a whole host of toxic chemicals. Your baby spends 10-14 hours a day sleeping on a mattress thus inhaling and laying on all of those chemicals. Some mattresses can also off gas for up to 7 years! Inhaling those toxic gasses can cause anything from headaches to skin rashes to respiratory issues.
- Saving the planet for your childrenis the biggest benefit of going green. Now that you have brought this beautiful human into the world, let’s keep it in good shape so they don’t have to move to Jupiter.