While you are attending the Independence Day events throughout this weekend be sure to keep a few essential rules in mind. Of course, the turn up is real with booze and fireworks. Fashion is a must including a shade of red MAC lipstick (Ruby Woo), the 4th of July pattern of colors on your nails and toes, and a killer outfit.
1. Listen to Nas’ It Was Written today, preferably “If I Ruled The World” featuring Lauryn Hill
Today marks the 20th Anniversary of this classic body of work and it’s just in time for the holiday weekend, so why not rock this in your stereo while you are easing down the highway?
2. Drink Responsibly with a signature holiday drink to try, Red, White, and Blue Sangria courtesy of Cosmopolitan. Here is the recipe.
In a giant pitcher, combine 2 cups blueberries, 1 cup raspberries, and 1 pound hulled and halved strawberries. Add 1 bottle white wine and 1 cup grape juice. Refrigerate for 2 hours. Layer strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and star-shaped apple slices in glasses, then fill the glasses with the sangria. Top with One Hope sparkling wine. Watch the video here to see how it’s made.
3. Eat good on a patriotic meal and a great DESSERT with a favorite OREOS. Here is the recipe.
Get the directions on Happy Brown House.
4. Make sure to wear the most fashionable red, white, and blue you can find like, America’s Sweetheart Cutoff Jean Shorts from Impromptu Boutique.
5. Cool off with something tasty and good like, one of these Coconut Water and Fresh Berry Popsicles from Back To The Book Nutrition. Get more details on the recipe.
6. Be safe travels out there no matter what you do or where you go, including this year’s Essence Fest and here is a guide.
These listed above are just examples of some cool things you can check out thanks to pinterest, but if you have some other festive ideas by all means, do that or even comment on your thoughts. Happy Sharing!
Enjoy this 4th of July weekend!
Photo Credit(s): robbinsnissan, impromptuboutique, backtothebooknutrition, happybrownhouse, cosmopolitan, vibe, jammin983