For those of you #PYNK girls that maintain busy lifestyles from careers, to families, and making time for self-love; it can be overwhelming and tiring at times. Many days you might be praying for a cat nap or some down time and might be running on fumes. You might find yourself at the local corner Starbucks store for your second or third grande cup of your favorite caramel macchiato, possibly even a shot of expresso. If that is you then there is good news for you. Studies have shown that drinking coffee can be a good thing so don’t fright when you think that you have had too much. That still doesn’t mean to over do it, but if you are drinking coffee often, one cup a morning, or two or three cups on select days studies say you are safe.
Here are 13 health benefits and advantages below according to Authority Nutrition:
1. Coffee can improve energy levels and make you smarter. The caffeine blocks an inhibitory neurotransmitter in the brain that leads to stimulant effect. The effect improves your energy levels, mood, and brain function.
2. Coffee can help you burn fat by studies that have shown that caffeine can increase fat burning in the body and boost the metabolic rate.
3. The caffeine can drastically improve physical performance. The caffeine can increase adrenaline levels and release fatty acids from the fat tissues.
4. There are essential nutrients in coffee like, Riboflavin, Pantothenic Acid, Manganese, Potassium, Magnesium, and Niacin.
5. Coffee may lower your risk of Type II Diabetes. Several observational studies show that coffee drinkers have a much lower risk of the disease.
6. Coffee may protect you from Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia. As a coffee drinker you have a much lower risk of having the disease.
7. Coffee may lower the risk of Parkinson’s. There is a 60% lower risk of getting Parkinson’s disease by being a coffee drinker.
8. Coffee appears to have protective effects on the liver. You may have a much lower risk of developing cirrhosis, which can be caused by several diseases that affect the liver.
9. Coffee can fight depression and make you happier. If you immediately feel happier after your first cup of coffee, even the smell then this is why. Coffee lowers the risk of developing depression and drastically reduces the risk of suicide.
10. Coffee drinkers have a lower risk of some types of cancer. Liver and colorectal cancers are both 3rd and 4th leading causes of cancer death worldwide. As a coffee drinker you have lower chance of both.
11. Coffee does not cause heart disease and may lower the risk of stroke. Coffee may cause mild increases in blood pressure, which usually diminishes over time. When you are a coffee drinker you do not have an increased risk of heart disease, but a slightly lower risk of stroke.
12. Coffee may help you live longer by adding years to your life. Several studies have shown that it provides a lower risk of premature death.
13. Coffee is the biggest source of antioxidants in the Western diet. Studies show that most people get more antioxidants from coffee than both fruits and vegetables combined.
Unbelievable! That still does not mean don’t eat your fruits and veggies, but coffee isn’t a bad thing apparently.
“If you don’t know, now you know…”-Biggie
Photo Credit(s): blackdoctor, hercampus