Yesterday, Frank Ocean broke the Internet when he hinted–on his Tumblr page–that his newest album was in the works. Fans have been craving some new work from the R&B singer since his last album Channel Orange in 2012, but the wait is officially over. After coming out publicly, the Odd Future member ironically disappeared and went on a music hiatus. Followers of the New Orleans native have gotten pretty antsy because of the lack of music, but their patience has paid off and dreams have come to fruition.
According to Ocean’s publicist, Molly Kawachi, the new project along with a publication, are scheduled for release in July. Although the album is still untiled there is some vague information fluctuating through social media about possible names–hashtags #ISSUE1 #ALBUM3 #JULY2015 #BOYSDONTCRY. Check out 5 reasons why we are excited for Frank Ocean’s forthcoming album to drop.
Photo Credit(s): Getty Images
1. Every song on Channel Orange made us feel a way. #stressedface
2. We are curious to know if he is going to confront the sensitive subject of his sexuality.
3. Excited to see what features he has on the album.
4. What magazine cover are we going to see him on.
5. Perhaps a tour will happen soon.